10 Lovely Products to Make Your Kitchen Eco-Friendly
***This post may contain affiliate links. See my Terms and Disclosure Policy to learn more.***
Why is it important to make your kitchen eco-friendly? Using eco-friendly products will not harm the environment: water, air, land, humans, and animals. Of course, you would want to protect your little ones from harmful chemicals. Eco-products may be made from toxin-free chemicals or recycled materials. This shouldn’t require a big bite in your budget to make the changes for a better, eco-friendly home. This is a good, first step for you if you are unable to afford to install solar panels or replace your old appliances with energy-efficient eco-friendly ones.
There are other cost-effective ways to make your kitchen safer for you and your family.
- Replace your light bulbs with CFLs and LEDs light bulbs.
- Use low or no VOC paints, so you and your family will not have to breathe through toxic paints.
- Install aerators in your faucets and showerheads. It will help you conserve your water.
- Caulk around the doors and windows to prevent the air leaks.
- Install programmable thermostats to save more money on your monthly bills.
Now, here are 10 Lovely Eco-Friendly Products I picked for you
1. VibraWipe Microfiber Cleaning Cloth You can replace your paper towels with microfiber cleaning cloth. Pretty much, you can clean any surfaces with the cloth. It works great on your stainless steel appliances and the cloth lasts much longer than other brands. Landfills will be much less if we stop using paper towels and tossing them out in the trash can. http://amzn.to/2u83CHk
2. Wegreeco Reusable Snack Bags These snack bags are BPA-Free and non-toxic and are perfect for lunches. You would need to buy enough for the entire family, so bags can be washed and reused again. http://amzn.to/2uhOrvL
3. Hummingbird Glass Straws This product is BPA and lead-free and comes with tiny, handy brush. It saves the environment when you make your own drink, rather than ordering a fountain drink from a fast-food restaurant. The plastic straws could spread toxic chemicals to the landfill. http://amzn.to/2u8qHtp
4. Bee’s Wrap This wrap is a good food storage alternative, that you can keep reusing it over again up to one year. You would have to re-order them at a later time. The wraps may not be so great for freezer storage. http://amzn.to/2tdMwDj
5. Big Berkey Filtered Water System It is a filtered water system that you can put on the counter. It is ready to serve. It is great for travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies. I think this is a great investment and alternative to tap water and plastic water bottles. http://amzn.to/2vbZbrS
6. Beeboz Beech Wood and Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set This wooden utensil set is durable, non-stick heat resistant and silicone is BPA free. http://amzn.to/2teBrCd
7. Seventh Generation Drawstring Kitchen Trash Bags I recommend you purchase recycled plastic bags because many recycling centers will not accept plastic bags. This is best for the environment and you will get to reduce oil produced to make plastic. http://amzn.to/2sQfha2
8. Puracy Natural All Purpose Cleaner Puracy is a plant-based chemical free cleaner, that can be used to clean all surfaces. This is the best alternative to homemade, DIY cleaners. http://amzn.to/2sQvhsh
9. PriorityChef Compost Bin Stainless Steel This composting bin retains natural waste without emitting harmful toxins. It functions as a natural fertilizer for your garden. The bin will not cause any bad smells. http://amzn.to/2umAqg7
10. 6-pack Silicone Jumbo Baking Cups I’m sure you are getting sick of buying paper baking cups and wasting them. It gets annoying when the paper cups get stuck on your muffins or cupcakes. Silicone cups are 100% BPA-free and very safe for your baking needs and a great investment! http://amzn.to/2sTQDoH
I hope you have enjoyed reading my article on eco-friendly products for your kitchen. Please feel free to leave your comments below! I look forward to hearing from you!
~Amy, Awe-inspiring Mom